Urban Emu seeks a talented Washington, DC-based Designer to join our fast-growing team. Our ideal candidate is a passionate, driven creative who can bring fresh, out-of-the-box ideas to our team and clients and is always eager to learn anything new. As a Designer specializing in website design, social media, and print, you will be responsible for conceptualizing and producing compelling solutions that align with our clients’ brands and objectives.
- Craft user-centric designs that seamlessly blend functionality and aesthetics, enhancing the overall user experience and elevating our digital products.
- Deliver compelling communications using an innovative approach, attention to detail, and passion for user-centered design while ensuring alignment with research, creative briefs and client requirements.
- Execute design solutions for various integrated assignments, including websites, digital apps, brand identity, social media content, animations, and infographics.
- Contribute to a dynamic, fast-paced environment, effortlessly managing multiple projects.
- Leverage strong communication skills, maintaining professionalism while fostering a positive and approachable demeanor.
- Participate actively in daily project-based meetings, ensuring seamless team collaboration by sharing progress updates, upcoming steps, and achievements and addressing any obstacles.
- Play a pivotal role in stimulating creative discussions and collaborative explorations, fostering a culture of innovation within the team.
- Help support new business pitches and presentations, including developing spec creative.
- Work directly with Creative Directors, project managers and strategists to support client relationships and deliverables.
- 4-5 Years of proven experience with a strong portfolio showcasing website designs, social media graphics, and print materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or related field
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Robust communication and writing skills with the ability to present ideas clearly and persuasively
- Strong understanding of UX/UI principles and responsive design for websites
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail, creativity, and ability to think critically about design choices
- Great multi-tasker and ability to manage several different projects and tasks throughout each day within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently
- Animation skills (especially in interaction design) are a plus
- Expertise in professional style guides for iOS, Android and Web platforms is a plus
*Must include a link to an online portfolio for review
Urban Emu is an experience agency with a fast growing team of experience designers, facilitators, strategists, researchers, UX/UI designers, and software engineers that create innovative experiences to improve and transform businesses. We work with brands all over the world to create amazing customer and employee experiences. We build behavior-changing live sessions, digital products and campaigns that people experience, love, and remember.
We work with startups, government agencies, non-profits, and enterprises in different sectors across several continents. In addition to designing exciting new experiences, we are continually developing a forward-thinking, team member-first company culture that makes Urban Emu a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, including healthcare, a flexible spending account, continuing education support, and more.
If you share our passion, and want to join a creative work environment where you can grow your career, we want to hear from you. Please submit a resume with references as well as your salary history and requirements.