Urban Emu is currently seeking to fill a full time Social Media Manager position for our Federal and private sector accounts. The Social Media Manager position works with the senior staff and clients to support research, planning, message and content development, and evaluation for organic and paid social media efforts. Candidates should be a collaborative teammate, strong writer and have great attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of experience in social media strategy and/or digital marketing, including experience working with Federal clients. The Social Media Manager will primarily focus on researching, developing content, posting and analyzing content for various social media platforms. Candidates are being sought from the DMV area who are able to work remotely and travel into our DC office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Collaboration and Communication
- Work closely with our management team and members in creative, and communications
- Communicate effectively with all constituents within a highly diverse environment.
- Take initiative, creatively solve problems and offer solutions with minimum supervision.
- Content Creation
- Define, create and organize a content editorial calendar that aligns with client goals and timelines
- Support content development and writing for diverse groups and types of communications across platforms
- Optimize content according to social media best practices, results tracking, and ad analytics
- Research, Monitoring and Analysis
- Engage clients and team members with strategy, insights, and recommendations to reach target audiences and achieve goals
- Monitor and research conversations, mentions, and relevant information; analyzing content for social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, as well as other relevant social media platforms available.
- Follow trends and best practices for various social media platforms, and offer ideas and solutions for meeting communications goals
- Marketing and Growth
- Support Urban Emu with creative ideas to engage and grow new business opportunities, expand on communications and position UE as a leader in our service focus areas.
- Engage with followers digitally to help drive action and continued support and growth for clients and internal Urban Emu communication initiatives.
- Contribute to industry insights and ongoing company internal marketing
- Superior written and oral skills
- Comfort and experience working with clients, including Federal clients, and teams of various backgrounds
- Work with others in a positive, courteous, and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and multitask across projects, setting priorities and managing time effectively
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stay organized
- Ability to work quickly and meet deadlines and within established budgets
- Experience working on all phases of social media strategy, planning, execution and evaluation, and experience working with Federal clients
- Experience working on social media platforms and social media management tools, including (but not limited to): Twitter (X), Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Threads, Sprout Social, Pinterest, LinkedIn
- Live in the DMV area, with an ability to travel into DC
- US Citizenship is a requirement for our contracts/clients
Education And Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in social media or digital marketing field
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Working in an agency
- Understanding of SEO and paid media strategies and best practices
- Email marketing